- Obsolete Date 31-10-2022
- End of support date 31-10-2027
- Servers supported HPE Synergy 660 Gen10 Compute Module
- Additional features HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption (optional license)
- RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, 1 ADM, 10 ADM
- Ports Internal: 8 SAS lanes
- Transfer rate 12Gb/s SAS per lane 6Gb/s SATA per lane PCI Express 3.0 x8 lane width
- Form factor Type-c modular controller
- Cache 2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache
- Warranty The warranty for this device is 3 years parts only.
Does your business need a controller to give you increased performance when connecting to internal drives on the HPE Synergy 660 Gen10 Compute Module? The HPE Smart Array P408i-c SR Gen10 Controller, supporting 12 Gb/s SAS and PCIe 3.0, provides enterprise-class storage performance, reliability, security and efficiency needed to address your evolving data storage needs. This controller has eight internal SAS lanes, allowing connection to SAS or SATA drives, supports Mixed Mode operations of RAID and HBA simultaneously, and offers encryption for data-at-rest on any drive. The Smart Array P408i-c SR Gen10 Controller is ideal for maximizing performance while supporting advanced RAID levels with 2 GB flash-backed write cache (FBWC). The HPE Smart Array Gen10 controllers are supported by the HPE Smart Storage Battery, which supports multiple devices and is sold separately.
Rapidly configure simple RAID volumes on unconfigured compute modules with the UEFI configuration tool, which also facilitates scripting support to configure an array via iLO through RESTful interface.
The HPE Smart Array P408i-c SR Gen10 Controller has increased flexibility with Mixed Mode which operates in RAID and HBA simultaneously.
Improved Efficiency and Storage Management
Long-term data retention with 2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache for improved data reliability.
Preserve data integrity with HPE SmartSSD Wear Gauge, which alerts you to potential drive issues before a drive fails.
Complies with regulations for sensitive data, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption.
The HPE Smart Array P408i-c SR Gen10 Controller protects data-at-rest on any drive attached to the controller with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption (optional license).
Built-in Reliability and Security
Increased Performance for Faster Data Insights
The HPE Smart Array P408i-c SR Gen10 Controller is an enterprise-class controller that increases performance in messaging, database, or general server applications and delivers 12 Gb/s SAS connectivity on the HPE Synergy 660 Gen10 Compute Module when connected to 12 Gb/s internal storage devices.
Increases performance with 2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC) and reduces latency in write-intensive applications that require heavy logging such as databases.
Enhances performance in storage environments where data is read repeatedly from a large number of SSDs by using HPE SSD Smart Path to create a faster I/O path between the controller and SSD.
- HPE 12W Smart Storage Battery
- HPE 12W Smart Storage Battery (up to 3 Devices) for BladeSystem Server
- HPE 12W Smart Storage Battery (up to 3 Devices) for Apollo XL230k Gen10 Server
- HPE 96W Smart Storage Lithium-ion Battery with 145mm Cable Kit
- HPE 96W Smart Storage Lithium-ion Battery with 260mm Cable Kit
- HPE Smart Storage Hybrid Capacitor with 145mm Cable Kit
- HPE Smart Storage Hybrid Capacitor with 260mm Cable Kit